Ethernet analog audio modulation monitoring
CSS205 is design for continuous monitoring of stereo analog audio signals. Embedded to a broadcast installation, should the main signal disappear. it allows automatic switch to a backup analog signal, and automatic return to the main signal when the problem is cleared.
As well as the audio switch, CSS205 switches a RS232 main/backup to insure continuity of data such as RDS.
Should power supply disappear, the bypass switches the analog input to the analog output according to the main/backup config in use before the supply loss. This config will be recall on supply return.
The monitor section, allows input/output check using an headphones and bargraph.
A green (normal)/red (backup) indicator on the front panel shows the equipment state, an the user can manually switch the unit to the desired output signal.
- Monitoring for quality and audio, adjustable from -45dBu to +15dBu for analog audio. On audio loss CSS205 goes on alarm after adjustable delay.
- Analog balanced audio input/output.
- Four audio monitoring modes Left, right, Left + right, left and right.
- Full management of the unit uses the embedded web server. It keeps record of the last twenty events, of frames informations in real time, and the state of the switch. A front panel switch recall the factory IP address and a USB port is used for firmware update.
- The remote monitoring of the equipment can be carried through the SNMP agent. Possibility of sending traps in V2c or V2c Inform format.
- Synchronization of the internal clock by SNTP.
- Two relays report supply cuts, a third one for alarm and switch to backup.
- CSS205 is 19-inch, 1 U.
- Option SD: The Additional input audio backup via SD card. This allows a second possible continuity program if the emergency chain is also in default.
This equipment is available under different versions:
- CSS205 pack 01: CSS205 with one power supply only.
- CSS205 pack 02: CSS205 with an additional backup power supply (unavailable with SD option)
- CSS205 pack 03: CSS205 with one power supply and a card SD option (unavailable with two power supplies option).
- CSS201: digital input, digital backup input and digital output.
- CSS404: analog or digital input, analog or digital backup input and analog and digital output.