Ethernet digital and analog audio modulation monitoring
CSS404 is design for continuous monitoring of mono or stereo analog or digital audio signals. Embedded to a broadcast installation, should the main signal disappear. it allows automatic switch to a backup signal, analog or digital, and automatic return to the main signal when the problem is cleared.
CSS404 allows to choose main input as analog or digital, as well as backup source, separately from main input. Output is available at the same time
As well as the audio switch, CSS404 switches a RS232 main/backup to insure continuity of data such as RDS.
Should power supply disappear, the bypass switches the digital input to the digital output, the analog input to the analog output according to the main/backup config in use before the supply loss. This config will be recall on supply return.
The monitor section, allows input/output check using an headphones and bargraph.
A green (normal)/red (backup) indicator on the front panel shows the equipment state, an the user can manually switch the unit to the desired output signal.
- Digital AES/EBU input /output on transformer.
- Digital input sample rate up to 96KHz, no transfer delay.
- No alteration of associated data (index, text...)
- Digital carrier monitoring for quality and audio, adjustable from -60dBFs to 0 dBFs, and from -45dBu to +15dBu for analog audio. On audio loss CSS404 goes on alarm after adjustable delay.
- Analog balanced audio input/output.
- Four audio monitoring modes Left, right, Left + right, left and right.
- Full management of the unit uses the embedded web server. It keeps record of the last twenty events, of frames informations in real time, and the state of the switch. A front panel switch recall the factory IP address and a USB port is used for firmware update.
- The remote monitoring of the equipment can be carried through the SNMP agent. Possibility of sending traps in V2c or V2c Inform format.
- Synchronization of the internal clock by SNTP.
- Two relays report supply cuts, a third one for alarm and switch to backup.
- Option SD: The Additional input audio backup via SD card. This allows a second possible continuity program if the emergency chain is also in default.
This equipment is available under different versions:
- CSS404 pack 01: CSS404 with one power supply only.
- CSS404 pack 02: CSS404 with an additional backup power supply (unavailable with SD option)
- CSS404 pack 03: CSS404 with one power supply and a card SD option (unavailable with two power supplies option).
- CSS201: digital input, digital backup input and digital output.
- CSS205: analog input, analog backup input and analog output.